Isabel Marant sell majority stake

Endaba Group

Isabel Marant is in advanced talks to sell majority stake of 51% to Montefiore, the French investment fund; the remaining 49% remains in the hands of Marant, Duruflé and Nathalie Chemouny. The company posted wholesale revenues of €150 in 2015, and their global profile was boosted significantly after their 2013 collaboration with H&M. However, as Net-a-Porter experienced in 2015, the company must take caution when losing control of majority stake holdings. The deal would be the first step in fashion investment for Montefiore, whose portfolio includes B&B Hotels, and car-hire broker Auto Escape